CATHAY INDUSTRIES HAS DEVELOPED PARTNERSHIPS WITH LEADING MANUFACTURERS OF TITANIUM DIOXIDE, CELLULOSE, WHITE CEMENT, CALCIUM SULFOALUMINATE BINDER, CALCIUM CARBONATE AND ADDITIONAL CHEMICAL RAW MATERIALS.
Titanium Dioxide is the white pigment used in the coatings, plastics, inks, paper and personal care industries. It is widely used because it efficiently scatters visible light, thereby imparting whiteness, brightness and opacity when incorporated into the specific application. We offer chloride and sulfate produced titanium dioxide.
- Lomon® R-996 – pigment is a zirconia and alumina treated rutile titanium dioxide pigment from the sulfate process. Recommended applications include Industrial Coatings, Power Coatings and External & Internal Architectural Coatings.
- Lomon® LR-972 – pigment is a dense silica and alumina coated rutile titanium dioxide pigment from the sulfate process with excellent weather stability and dispersibility. Recommended applications include Industrial Coatings, External & Internal Architectural Coatings and PVC window profiles.
- Lomon® LR-982 – pigment is an alumina treated rutile titanium dioxide pigment from the sulfate process. Recommended applications include Surface printing inks, Waterborne coatings and Toner for PVC wallpaper.
- Billions® BLR-699 – pigment is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment, produced by the sulfate process. Recommended applications include Exterior & Interior architectural coatings, Industrial coatings and Printing Inks.
- Billions® BLR-601 - pigment is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment produced by the sulfate process. Recommended applications include Exterior & Interior architectural coatings, Industrial coatings and Printing Inks (particularly water-based).
- Billions® BLR-688 – pigment is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment, produced using the sulfate process. Recommended applications include Interior & Exterior profile and pipe, Engineering plastics and Thermoplastic marking paint.
- Billions® TR52 – pigment is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment produced by the sulfate process, and is specifically designed for the printing ink industry. Recommended applications include Printing Inks, Can Coatings and High gloss interior architectural coatings.
- Billions® BLR-895 – pigment is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment produced by the chloride process. Recommended applications include Interior & Exterior architectural coatings and Industrial coatings.
- Billions® BLR-896 – pigment is a rutile titanium dioxide pigment produced by the chloride process. Recommended applications include Industrial coatings, water and solvent based, Exterior coil coatings, Protective & marine coatings, Automotive OEM and refinish coatings, Exterior powder coatings and Exterior architectural coatings.
- High-Purity F31HP – is an anatase titanium dioxide produced through a unique process that results in a high-purity a product which conforms to E171 Standards. E171 Titanium Dioxide has a very low heavy metal content and is suitable for personal care, food and pharmaceutical applications.
Calcined kaolin is used as a functional Titanium Dioxide extender. One can reduce their TiO2 consumption by 10-15% and have an enhanced finished product.
Snowhite is a high bright range of anhydrous kaolin products produced by heating refined kaolin under strictly controlled condition to temperatures of 1000°C. During this heat treatment the kaolin is calcined whereupon, morphological and mineralogical changes occur producing a unique structure, which optimizes its light scattering effect.
Available in Snowhite 80, 86, 90, Snowpaque and Snowcano (Metakaolin).
- Methyl Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (MHEC) – non-ionic cellulose ether made by a natural high polymer cellulose as a raw material and a series of chemical processing. It is an odourless, tasteless and non-toxic white powder, which can be dissolved in cold water to form a transparent viscous solution. MHEC retains water, increases workability and controls the open time. Water-soluble polymers that bind, retain water, thicken, form films and lubricate. Used in the manufacture of tile adhesive and cement mortar to create viscosity and adhesion. Other applications include synthetic resin, ceramic and textile industries.
- Hydroxyethyl Cellulose (HEC) – is a series of non-ionic soluble cellulose ether, which can be dissolved in hot or cold water. HEC has thickening, suspending, adhesive, emulsion, film coating and super absorbent polymers protective colloid properties, used widely in paints, cosmetics and oil drilling industries.. Can be added directly to paint formulation to form a homogeneous and glazed solution..
White Portland Cement is durable, smoother and economical in usage. Ideal for architectural uses, providing attractive and durable concrete, pool plaster, cast stone, architectural Insitu concrete, paving stone, street furniture and terrazzo. We offer white cement in two compressive strengths, CEM I and CEM II. Produced according to EN 197-1:2011 Standards.
Wall putty is a white cement based fine powder which provides an ideal finishing for concrete or cement plastered walls and ceilings. It is the ideal base for painting as it is damp resistant and yields a smooth finish for further application.
CSA (Calcium Sulphoaluminate) is a pure CSA clinker and also known as CSA Binder. CSA is ground without any additives, such as gypsum, and it is a hydraulic cementitious mineral blend high in C4A3S (Calcium Sulphoaluminate Crystals). Upon mixing with Portland Cement and gypsum, it yields a very early and strong cementitious matrix. CSA is designed to be blended with Portland cement and anhydrite to make dry-mixed mortars and concrete mixes which require fast setting, rapid hardening, high-strength, freeze resistance, impermeability, corrosion resistance and low pH. Can be used with polymers either latex or powder form, and defoamers and retarders.
Zinc phosphate enhances paint adhesion by giving the paint something to bond to securely. It reduces paint-to-metal reactions and forms a barrier between substrate and the paint. Zinc phosphate also reduces general surface corrosion on metal substrates and reduces under-film delamination in the event of damage to the paint film. It is a non-hazardous and non-volatiles white powder with ultrafine crystals.
Calcium Formate is used to increase the open time, improve adhesion and is a highly effificient accelerator. It is particularly suitable for tile mortars where you require acceleration and low skin formation. Furthermore, it improves water stability, pliability and homogeneity.
Calcium Carbonate is a micronized calcite, ground calcium carbonate and is the most widely used extender mineral in coatings applications. We offer calcium carbonate in a wide range of particle size distributions suitable for paint, plastic, construction, paper and cosmetic applications.
Colloidal Clay is used in latex and other general waterborne formulations. Other grades which contain less residue are used in more demanding aqueous and solvent borne coatings, such as primers, topcoats, maintenance coatings, marine finishes and semi-gloss and gloss enamels. Both products work as co-thickeners with cellulosic, associative and alkali swell-able thickeners.
Rheology modifiers enable formulators to adjust the flow behaviour of paints.
- Supbent-AP in water-based application
- FRGEL-200 in solvent-based application
SHMP is a water softener. A dispersing agent for the dispersion of fillers and pigments, both, for the production of highly filled interior and exterior paints. SHMP sequestrates non-soluble ions and particles in coatings and eliminates flocculation.
Petro resin is a C5 / C9 aromatic hydrocarbon used in industrial applications. It has a tackifying effect and is suitable for use in paint, printing ink, adhesives, rubber and other areas where tackiness is required.